BInformed spring seminar programme is now live
Our BInformed Spring seminar programme is now live!
During April and May the employment team will be running seminars on ‘The gig-economy – are you prepared?’ and ‘Non-standard dismissals – the holy grail of SOSR’. You can sign up via our website, and you can download the BInformed brochure. We hope to see you there.
The ‘gig economy’ – are you prepared?
2017 looks like it will be a year in which the status of those engaged by our organisations will be a hot topic for HR professionals. Worker status (with its consequent rights to the national minimum wage and holiday pay) is worth fighting for and Uber drivers, cycle couriers and plumbers are the latest to succeed in bringing cases to employment tribunals. Now is the time to review your own organisation’s contracting arrangements, and this seminar will keep you up to speed with all of the latest developments including:
- the key implications of the status of employee, worker and self-employed contractor;
- how tribunals decide which category an individual falls into;
- a discussion of the (very) recent cases in this area; and
- what employers can do to address the uncertainties.
Non-standard dismissals – the holy grail of SOSR
‘Some other substantial reason’. It’s the last in the list of potentially fair reasons for dismissal in the Employment Rights Act – and it’s the catch-all term covering all other significant and serious reasons for termination.
In this seminar we are going to:
- demystify the SOSR dismissal; and
- work through the scenarios in which dismissal has been found fair outside of the usual grounds of conduct, capability and redundancy.
This seminar is a must for anyone dealing with relationship breakdowns at work, serial grievers, non-standard reorganisations and dismissals that are required for regulatory reasons.