BInformed seminar programme: ‘Brexit and employment law’ and the ‘Gender agenda’
Brodies is delighted to announce the launch of our BInformed autumn seminar programme, which will take place through September to November across our offices in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen.
Brexit and employment law
As we all know, there may be a number of twists, turns and developments yet to come in the Brexit story, but in the meantime, what impact is it having on decision-making in the employment arena? This seminar will take place in Edinburgh on 25 October and in Glasgow on 17 November and will examine the following questions:
- residency and citizenship – what do we know about the options for UK employees working in the EU and EU workers in the UK?
- workforce planning – what issues are arising for employers as they consider the possibility that free movement will be curtailed?
In addition, we will look at the status of EU law and cases going through the court system at present.
In the past year a number of initiatives and new cases have suggested that gender should be higher up the corporate agenda. This seminar will consider some of those and look in particular at:
- gender pay gap reporting – what have corporates been doing to prepare?
- workforce segregation and the Asda equal pay cases – who’s next?
- the Guaranteed Minimum Pension and discrimination issues in final salary schemes
- positive discrimination – the pluses and pitfalls
Please come along in Edinburgh on 29 September; Glasgow on 5 October; or Aberdeen on 22 November.
The post BInformed seminar programme: ‘Brexit and employment law’ and the ‘Gender agenda’ appeared first on Brodies Blog.