Blacklisting: Remedies

If a worker thinks they’ve been blacklisted, they can complain to the employment tribunal or the sheriff court. The amount of compensation which can be awarded depends on the type of claim raised. They can raise a claim against you, or against the compiler or distributor of a prohibited list. If a worker raises a complaint against the compiler or distributor, then the compiler/distributor could also ask the tribunal to join you to the proceedings as a respondent.

BResourceFull Workbox is a subscription service. Become a member to access the full site and benefit from relevant, up-to-date information, related content and HR templates. Click on the banner below to enquire about membership.